Your privacy is important to us, we always strive to manage your personal information with integrity and respect. Earning your trust as we protect your privacy is at the core of what we do every day. We are committed to:
- Being transparent about data management.
- Simplifying our policies and making your choices clear.
- Making sure you have control of your own data.
We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store your personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather and use your personal information.
- Social Media.
(we’ll refer to these as services throughout the rest of this policy)
This also relates to any information that you provide to us in person, for example at Sapperfest or meetings, by email, phone or SMS, letters and other correspondence.
- What information we may collect about you.
- How we will use the information we collect about you.
- When we may use your details to contact you.
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else.
- Your choices regarding personal information that you provide to us.
Naturally we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and while we take every possible effort to safeguard this you should be aware that no website can be completely secure, therefore if you have concerns that your account could have been compromised please contact us right away.
If you feel that we have not been able to deal with your concerns and you have a complaint, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner, which you can do by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) directly, or through their website www.ico.org.uk.
Who are we?
AllArmsFest C.I.C. is a registered Community Interest Company based in the UK whose principal activity is providing support to ex-armed forces personnel.
What information will AllArmsFest C.I.C. collect about me?
When you sign up to any of our services, telephone or e-mail us we may receive personal information about you. This may include information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number and postal address.
How will you use the information you collect about me?
We use your personal information in a number of ways to enhance the service we provide to you:
- To provide you with our services, to deal with requests and enquiries about online content.
- To contact you about any purchase you’ve made.
We may analyse the information you supply and your activity on our services so that we can offer a more relevant tailored service. If you are signed in to our services or have subscribed to email updates and newsletters you will receive a personalised service.
When will you contact me?
You may be contacted by us for the following reasons
- In relation to an event enquiry that you have made through any of our services.
- In order to ensure that we can deliver your service, for example to verify your email when you register for an account or to help you reset your password.
- For marketing purposes.
How long will you keep my information?
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary, for example to maintain your account. If you wish to delete your account we will ensure that your personal information is deleted immediately and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
If you don’t use your account for 12 months we’ll send you an email to ask if you would like it to be deleted or retained for a further 12 months.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right by law to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request collection of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
How can I delete my personal information?
You may delete your data by closing your account with us. If you no longer wish to keep your account please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
The Data Protection Act gives you have the right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. Naturally we need to be sure that it’s you making the request so we’ll need 2 items of identification from you; these could be any two of the following:
- Birth Certificate.
- Utility Bill (no more than three months old).
- Bank Statement (current or up to three months old).
- Driving Licence.
What is a cookie?
Essentially it is a string of text containing information that a website transfers to the cookie file on your computer so that the website can remember who you are. It will usually consist of the name of the domain where the cookie originated, a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number and the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie.
Why do you need them?
Cookies help websites arrange content to match your interests more quickly but don’t worry you can’t be identified by cookies alone.
Can I disable cookies?
Yes, of course you may accept to decline cookies or you can modify the settings in your browser but remember that if you disable cookies you may not be able to use all of the interactive features of websites.
If we make any significant changes to the policy for instance how we use your personal information than we’ll notify you by email.